Your eyelashes and brows are meant to protect your eyes from dust, dirt and debris , so it is essential to care for them and your lash extensions on a daily basis.
Follow these simple steps for cleaning your beautiful lashes and taking care of your pretty peepers!
- Cleaning your lashes is very important! A simple wash of Johnson’s baby shampoo will gently cleanse your lash extensions to remove oils, dirt and debris effectively from the lash extensions. Please use this simple cleanser to care for your lashes at home and the day of your service for extensions and refills.
- NOTE: Oil on the lashes from makeup remover, makeup, moisturizers, coconut oil, and mascara will cause your lash extensions to come off quickly after being applied. It is very important to make sure that you use only Johnson’s baby shampoo at home before and after extension application to help protect the wear of your lashes.
- Mix one part Johnson’s baby shampoo with four parts distilled water. Mix and pour into a small foaming pump bottle or 4 oz travel size bottle. Use this as a daily cleanser and on the day of your lash fill to remove oils, dirt, and debris from the lashes. Cleanse gently with a fluffy eye makeup brush across the eyelids and lashes and then with downward strokes from the eyelid to the tips of the lashes. Rinse with warm water, and gently brush with pink spool brush to remove tangles. Lashes can be dried with the cool setting on your hair dryer.
- NOTE: Only use Johnson’s baby shampoo! Some off brands or natural baby shampoos may contain oil.
- Lash serums are recommended to help nourish and enhance the growth of your lashes. Most serums can be used while wearing lash extensions if they are a water-based.
- Avoid the use of eye makeup removers that contain oils. Some cleansers will say oil free, but some manufacturers may still add a small amount of oil into their product. Please read the label carefully to make sure there are no oils listed in the product.
- Mascara is not necessary and could damage your natural lashes along with your lash extensions. However, if you choose to use mascara, use only mascara that is made for lash extensions or a mascara that is water-based only. Only apply to the very tips of the lash extensions–applying them to the entire lash could cause tangling and breakage or extensions to come loose.
- NOTE: Please do not use water-proof mascara! It could damage your natural lashes and your lash extensions.
- Avoid pulling, picking, or twisting lash extensions. This can cause damage to natural lashes and may lead to premature shedding of your extensions. Please do not curl your eyelash extensions with a curler. The extensions come pre-curled in a variety of curls so additional curling is not necessary. Doing so may shorten the lifespan of the extensions and damage your natural lashes.
- Please do not attempt to remove your lash extensions yourself as this will cause premature pulling out of your own natural lashes. Please make an appointment and we will remove them with a professional product designed for safe and comfortable removal.
- Visit your professional lash stylist for fills monthly or when you notice about 50% of extensions have grown out and lashes have shed. This is typically two to three weeks after your appointment. For your convenience it is recommended to book your follow-up fill before leaving your lash appointment.
- Arriving to your lash fill appointment with eyes clean of all makeup will insure that your fill appointment is dedicated to maintenance and filling your eyelash extensions.
Being happy is not only good for your health but it makes you feel attractive as well. Smiling and being happy is uplifting not only for ourselves but to those around us, and it can determine how others perceive us. Studies show that when we smile and have a positive attitude we become more attractive and look healthier to the outside world. The health benefits of being happy include lowering our stress levels, encouraging us to eat healthier, exercising more, and decreasing our chances of heart disease. Having a healthy, happy attitude can easily be increased by taking regular vacations and scheduling massages and spa visits. Sharing happiness with others is addicting; taking the time off and enjoying our life with others can easily help us feel and look younger, live longer, and gives us the desire that drives our soul. The more we give ourselves permission to travel, laugh ,and share…. the happier, healthier, and more attractive we will feel.
During this time of year, I get a ton of questions about waxing. Despite popular belief, waxing does not have to be incredibly painful nor is it just for summertime! A great body waxing treatment can be completed in a short amount of time (around 15 to 20 minutes), even with Brazilian-style waxing, and the more regular your waxing sessions the better. When done correctly by a skilled “wax-pert,” the discomfort is minimal and hair growth will lessen over time.
For optimal results, follow these tips and tricks:
- Hair growth should be between one quarter (1/4) and one half (1/2) inch in length.
- Wax every four to six weeks to reduce hair growth. Growth will also start to come in softer and lighter after several regular appointments.
- Use exfoliating gloves and a professional solution that contains either an enzyme or salicylic acid (BHA)—this will help reduce and/or remove any bumps that may occur.
It will also fade hyperpigmentation (dark spots) from any recent ingrown hairs. After years of working with several professional after care waxing products I have found that Tend Skin works the best. Tend Skin comes in both liquid and roll-on, and contains the perfect percentage of salicylic acid to reduce and remove bumps. When used regularly between appointments it also helps hair come out more easily, which in turn reduces discomfort.